Guest: Marie Poulin
What she does: web designer, digital strategist, co-founder of Oki Doki
Ponderance: The importance of beta testing or pilot testing your program
Find her online: mariepoulin.com
On today’s episode we discuss the production of online courses with Marie Poulin. Marie is a former designer who became a digital strategist and co-founded the course-building site, Oki Doki. As an experienced guide, Marie walks us through the stages of online course production.
In discussing the production of online courses, we cover all the important steps one must take to be a successful instructor. Marie drives home the importance of market research (i.e. is your course topic in demand) and also the steps to building a product that fully engages your customers. Marie and Avery also discuss the pros and cons of hosting with user-friendly, customizable sites or going it alone. After this episode, listeners will be ready to set forth and create interactive, in-demand, and unique courses with confidence.
- Check your motives: Are they altruistic or simply about the money?
- How to build a product customers need
- Market research steps
- Focusing on your strengths as an instructor (are you best with audio, video, or written content?)
- Levels of course interactivity
- Where to build and host your course
- Beta testing
- Promoting your course