Guest: Tara Wilkins
What she does: Camp Tech's Admin and Marketing Manager
Ponderance: How can a small business execute their own digital marketing effectively?
Find her online: camptech.ca
On today’s episode, fellow Camp Tech colleague Tara Wilkins and I discuss digital marketing for small businesses. Since small businesses are often operating on a shoestring marketing budget, Tara talks about techniques and strategies to increase brand awareness without breaking the bank. We also get into ways the success of a marketing campaign can be measured.
Tara got her start in fashion, but became a volunteer at Camp Tech in order to pivot her career towards digital marketing. Her plan worked and now she is Camp Tech’s Marketing and Admin Manager. Tara also teaches a course about digital marketing on a tight budget. During this podcast, she shares her learned expertise about marketing strategies. This is a great episode, especially if you are a small business owner looking for marketing tips and tricks.
- Tara’s professional journey
- The marketing challenges small businesses face
- The importance of having a plan
- What a small business marketing plan might look like
- How to measure the effectiveness of a marketing strategy
- Creating brand awareness
- When to hire a professional
- Hover (use promo code CampTechPodcast to get 10% off your first order)
- Follow Tara on Twitter
- Follow Camp Tech on Twitter
- Follow Avery on Twitter
- Brock Murray’s Camp Tech podcast episode
- Feedly.com (content aggregator)
- Todoist (to do list app)
- Perpetual Traffic (podcast)
- Traction book by Gabriel Weinberg and Justin Mares
- Email us your questions for a future episode! Send them to email@example.com