Adobe Illustrator for Beginners
HiVE, 128 W Hastings St #210, Vancouver, BC V6B 1G8
Thu, November 24, 2016
06:00PM - 09:00PM
Adobe Illustrator is a remarkably powerful program used by artists and graphic designers to create scalable (vector) graphics for print and web. Illustrator is used to build everything from simple icons to logos, to business cards and complete consumer packaging artwork. In this introductory level follow-along style workshop, professional Graphic Designer Dana Lu will teach you how to create an illustration using text, colours and shapes. You'll be introduced to the all mighty pen tool and learn how to create and edit vector shapes.
Note: This workshop is for beginners, and no previous Adobe or graphics experience is necessary. It is a fast-paced class, and you should be familiar with basic tasks on your laptop (how to open, save and organize your files). You must bring your own laptop (Mac or PC are fine) and have Adobe Illustrator installed on it. You can get a free trial version on Adobe's website.
Included in the Workshop:
- quality instruction by a current experienced professional working in the industry
- small class size
- handy keyboard shortcut list
- complimentary coffee and tea
- goodie bag full of fun Camp Tech swag
- a chance for you to network with other business owners and marketing professionals
- official recognition for your participation (that you can share on LinkedIn or your resume)
This class is part of the Desktop Publishing Certificate.