Intro to Podcasting
455 Spadina Avenue, Suite 304, Toronto
Thu, February 1, 2018
10:00AM - 04:00PM
From Serial to Radiolab, WTF to CANADALAND, podcasting is experiencing a serious renaissance moment. Luckily, it's easier than ever to create your own podcast, and this new hands-on workshop will walk you through the steps from recording to distribution.
Professional podcast producer JP Davidson (CBC's Metro Morning, WNYC, NPR) will share tips for coming up with a show concept, guide you through an exercise recording audio with anything from a smartphone to pro audio gear, and show you how to edit your audio and add music for a polished, professional sound. Discover how to publish your podcast through Soundcloud and Libsyn, set up your RSS feed, and get into iTunes, Stitcher and other podcast directories. Learn how to solicit advertising and make money with your podcast, and pick up key tips for growing your audience and listenership. You'll walk away from this fun and interactive workshop ready to launch your own podcast!
Note: Laptop computers with the Hindenburg Journalist software installed are required for this class. You can get a 30-day free trial of Hindenburg Journalist on their website. Bring headphones or earbuds too!
Included in the Workshop:
- high quality instruction by a professional podcast producer
- small class size
- a digital podcasting reference guide
- a chance for you to network with other podcasting enthusiasts
- complimentary coffee and tea
- goodie bag full of fun Camp Tech swag
- official recognition for your participation (that you can share on LinkedIn or your resume)